Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Heart's Pursuit By Robin Lee Hatcher Blog Tour Book Review

18965690// The Heart's Pursuit //

By Robin Lee Hatcher

Source: Complementary review copy from the publisher

Genre: Christian Fiction/Western

Number of Pages: 320 

ISBN:  0310259274

Publisher: Zondervan 

Publication Date: May 13th, 2014 
My Rating: Four out of five stars

// Book Synopsis //

{Taken from GoodReads}


"A jilted bride desperate to save her family from ruin.
A bounty hunter seeking vengeance for a ravaged past.
An arduous trek toward justice—or redemption.

Silver Matlock and Jared Newman know traveling together is a bad idea. Bad for Silver’s already tarnished reputation in her small Colorado town. Bad for bounty hunter Jared’s secret, single-minded mission for revenge. But Silver is determined to track down the rogue who left her at the altar and stole the last remnant of her father’s fortune. And Jared’s in a hurry to hunt down the murderer who destroyed his family—even if Silver is too distractingly beautiful for comfort.

The pair takes off over mountain and desert, past bleak homesteads and raw mining towns, hot on the trail of the two villains who took what wasn't theirs to take. Soon supplies dwindle, secrets emerge, and suspicion leave Silver and Jared at odds when they need each other most. To confront an enemy deadlier than desert rattlesnakes and rocky cliffs, Silver and Jared must learn to forgive and trust and face the question they haven’t dared voice: What happens next?"


// Book Review //

Main character Silver has just been jilted at the wedding alter by a man she thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. Bounty hunter Jared has a mission to find the man who murdered his family as well as other innocent people; and has spent many years looking for the man who ruined his life and left him bitter. When the two characters meet in a small town and realize there is a connection between the man who jilted Silver and the man who Jared is looking for, they embark on a journey seeking the men who put a dent in their life plans. As the story progresses, they get to know each other and eventually develop feelings as they start to wonder if their meeting wasn't really an accident?

I've read several of Robin Lee Hatcher's books in the past, including Beloved, and A Promise Kept. So I was familiar with her novels before reading The Heart's Pursuit. Out of all the novels that I've read written by Robin Lee Hatcher, I'd have to say that this one if definitely my favorite! I really enjoyed this book and was glad to have had the opportunity to read it!

This novel is a rather light, quick read. I was able to read it in two sittings, and enjoyed how the story flowed. I loved how it was a western novel, as I'm from Texas and love a good western novel with a country heroine. I really liked how the story-line wasn't too complex, but it wasn't boring either. There was plenty of western type scenes with guns, horses, wide open land, and outlaws that kept my attention and kept me turning pages.

I really liked this story's plot! It was unique and I loved reading all the twists that were sprinkled throughout the story. 

I just loved the characters in this book. I felt a connection and understanding for the things they had been through, and liked their integrity. I really appreciated Jared protectiveness over Silver and treated her with such respect while they traveled alone. I also enjoyed Silver's free spirit and spunky personality. 

In all, I really enjoyed this novel and would recommend it to those who enjoy western novels with a good plot that will keep you turning pages! 

D I S C L A I M E R :: I received a complementary copy of The Heart's Pursuit from the publisher through Litfuse Publicity Group for the sole purpose of this review. I was not paid to write this review or promote this book. All thoughts expressed in my review are completely my own, honest and unbiased.

The Heart's Pursuit Robin Lee Hatcher

0 comments: