Saturday, May 31, 2014

Raptor 6 By Ronie Kendig Blog Tour Book Review

18491963// Raptor 6 //

Quiet Professionals #1

By Ronie Kendig

Source: Complementary review copy from the publisher
Number of Pages: 352
ISBN:  1616260408
Publisher: Shiloh Run Press
Publication Date: May 1st, 2014
My Rating: Two out of five stars

// Book Synopsis //

{Taken from GoodReads
  
"Captain Dean Watters keeps his mission and his team in the forefront of his laser-like focus. So when Dean’s mission and team are threatened, his Special Forces training kicks into high gear. Failing to stop hackers from stealing national security secrets from the military’s secure computers and networks isn’t an option. Zahrah Zarrick is a missionary teacher to Afghan children in Mazar-e Sharif. And a target. When Zahrah is captured because of her expertise in quantum cryptology, compromising the US military, Dean is forced to crack the lock-box around his heart—a move that might come at the highest cost."

// Book Review //

I had never read any books by Ronie Kendig prior to reading Raptor 6, but had heard such wonderful reviews on her books, that when the opportunity arose, I decided to try this author and her new series. While I was very hesitant to request this book, I hoped that I'd enjoy it, though I'll admit it is definitely not the kind of book I'd normally pick up. I'm really into chick-flicks and such, and hardly ever read stories with male main characters that are centered in a war zone.

Unfortunately, despite really wanting to enjoy this book, I didn't. I really did try and get into the story, but after 100 pages I just decided to skim the remainder of the story, knowing it just wasn't my cup of tea. I want to be completely open and say that there was nothing wrong with this author, or her writing style. But personally for me, as a big fan of girl-y books, to read a novel with a male main character and centered in a war zone just didn't appeal to me. I had a feeling this would end up happening, and looking back can see that maybe choosing to help promote this book wasn't the best idea, as I'm not the best person to do so being that I'm not into this genre.

However I do know that there are lots of people who absolutely love this author. I would definitely say that the overall writing style in this book was wonderful-the only problem I had with this book was the genre which I'm not into. I honestly hate having to give this book such a low rating since the rating was entirely due to my personal taste in reading and in no way reflected on the author. So please don't think that just because I didn't enjoy this book that you won't either! I encourage you to give it a try, as I know lots of people who have enjoyed this author's novels!

D I S C L A I M E R :: I received a free copy of Raptor 6 from the publisher through Litfuse Publicity for the sole purpose of this review. I was not paid to do so, and all thoughts expressed are completely my own, honest and unbiased. 

RAPTOR 6 Ronie Kendig

0 comments: