Saturday, December 28, 2013

Ipsy December 2013 // Celebration!

 
Hello friends! Today I wanted to share with you about a fun company I've recently come across called Ipsy which is a monthly beauty subscription service. The way Ipsy works is it's $10 a month (shipping is free unless you live outside of the U.S.) and they send you five high-end beauty products each month. The neat thing about this subscription service - and what made me want to subscribe over other similar services such as Birchbox - is that Ipsy usually sends full sized products, and if they aren't full sized they are deluxe samples. Other beauty subscription services that I've looked into usually just send tiny samples, but with Ipsy I've gotten mostly full sized high end beauty products, and each month's bag always pays for itself several times over with the value of the bag compared to the $10 price. For example this month's bag only cost me $10, but when I added up the price of the items I got I realized that this bag would have cost around $60 to buy the items separately, and this doesn't include the cute black bag!
 

A while ago I subscribed to Ipsy and was very excited when I finally got off the waiting list (it took abut two months!) and the first bag I received was the November 2013 bag, which I wanted to post about but wasn't able to due to our camera being broken. However when December's bag came a week or so ago around the middle of the month, I thought it would be fun to post about what I got in my bag, since I always enjoy seeing what other Ipsy member friends got in their bags. However I did want to specify that while normally the reviews I post on this blog are sponsored, meaning I get the product from the company for free to review, this post is not sponsored by Ipsy. I am a regular Ipsy member, and have not contacted Ipsy about doing a review, nor did I receive the bag for free. I paid for it with my own money and this post is in no way sponsored by Ipsy. I just wanted to share with you all what I got, as I find Ipsy a fun company and wanted to share with you what I got even though it isn't sponsored. :) Now that that's been said, let's jump into December's bag!
 
December 2013's bag was themed Celebration! and featured a pretty diamond patterned black bag with a zipper complete with the Ipsy logo. To start off I love the bag and even if I didn't like any of the items that were inside (which I totally did!) I loved the bag. Surprisingly it is very good quality and I'll definitely be using it in the future for little items to throw in my purse! 
  

As for the five beauty products I received in this month's bag, I got a lot of fun goodies, so here are some pictures of what I got. (I'm sorry about the bad quality pictures in advance! Our camera makes inside photos a bit tricky. By the time I uploaded them and realized that they were a bit grainy, I didn't feel like re-taking all of them, so I apologize!)

 
Nika K New York Nail Polish in Classic Taupe
- Full Sized Product $4.99 Value -


Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio in Naturally Bare
- Sample Sized Product $24 Full Sized Price -
 
 
 Be A Bombshell The One Stick
- Full Sized Product $16 Value -
 
 
 NYX Lipstick in Mute
- Full Sized Product $4 Value- 
 
 
Mirabella Eye Blender Brush
- $27 Value -
 

 
So that's what I got in my December Ipsy bag! If you'd like to subscribe to Ipsy yourself, then I'd really appreciate it if you'd sign up through my referral link, as it gives me Ipsy points. To use my referral link click HERE to sign up for Ipsy! Also, please let me know down in the comments if you liked this post and if you'd be interested in seeing what I get in future Ipsy bags, or if you have any questions about Ipsy!  
Have a great remainder of 2013, and a blessed 2014!

2 comments:

Becca Anne said...

This looks like a lot of fun!!! I would defiantly be interested in future posts.

I've seen the "ad's" for birtchbox and while I liked the idea and was interested, it just was too expensive for a 17-year-old girl. :) This looks much more affordable and super fun as well. Thanks for letting us know about it. :)

Noelle said...

Cute cute cute! I love Ipsy and hope I can subscribe someday. :) I would love future posts. :)