Monday, September 10, 2012

Book Review :: Over The Edge By Mary Connealy

Happy Monday! I trust you guys had a lovely weekend...I certainly did! Today I've got a book review for you all! Have any of you ever heard of Mary Connealy's western romance series called The Kincaid Brides? Well the book I'll be reviewing today is the third book in that series...so let's get started since I can't wait to tell you all about this new favorite series of mine! :)
 
Over the Edge, Kincaid Brides Series #3About The Book ::
 
Publisher :: Bethany HouseSource :: Bethany House Book Review Program
Publication Date :: 2012
ISBN :: 0764209132

Number of Pages :: 332
My Rating :: 5 out of 5 stars
 Description :: {Taken from GoodReads.com}
"Seth Kincaid survived a fire in a cave, but he's never been the same. He was always a reckless youth, but now he's gone over the edge. He ran off to the Civil War and came back crazier than ever.
After the war, nearly dead from his injuries, it appears Seth got married. Oh, he's got a lot of excuses, but his wife isn't happy to find out Seth doesn't remember her. Callie has searched, prayed, and worried. Now she's come to the Kincaid family's ranch in Colorado to find her lost husband.
Callie isn't a long-suffering woman. Once she knows her husband is alive, she wants to kill him. She's not even close to forgiving him for abandoning her.
Then more trouble shows up in the form of a secret Seth's pa kept for years. The Kincaid brothers might lose their ranch if they can't sort things out. It's enough to drive a man insane--but somehow it's all making Seth see things more clearly. And now that he knows what he wants, no one better stand in his way."
 
To check the book trailor video out, click HERE!
 
My Review ::
This is my third book to read that was written by Mary Connealy...and I LOVED it!! I first heard about her Kincaid Brides series from a friend and got the first book Out of Control from our library and devoured it in a day. I loved it so much that I wanted to read the second book, In Too Deep, but unfortunately our library didn't have it. So I bought the kindle version of book number two so I could read it. Of course I loved it so much that when I saw the opportunity to review the third book, Over The Edge, I almost went nuts. :)
 
I can honestly say that this series is one of my all-time favorites! Mary Connealy just has a way of writing western novels that displays her obviously talent, and she just captures you with her books, leaving you wanting more! Over The Edge, was, in my opinion, the perfect third book to this series and I really hope that it's not the last since I don't want the story to end! Out of all three books in the series, I'd definitely say that without a doubt, Over The Edge was my favorite. Talk about a grand finale! I loved seeing more of Seth in this book and meeting Callie and the story was very well written and interesting! There was a lot of suspense, which all the Kincaid Bride books have a lot of, and I found it very hard to put down!
 
This book literally sucked me into the story from the first sentance! I'm serious! Take a look at the first sentance of the book and you'll see what I mean! "A bullet slammed through the door of the stagecoach, threading a needle to miss all four passengers." From that sentance on, I was hooked and fell in love with the story. I really enjoyed meeting Callie and Connor in this story and seeing what happens with Trixie and Jasper and loved how the story ended! The story-line was wonderful and I loved how all the events turned out! I also enjoyed seeing Trickie's story take place and seeing her desire a better life and workiong towards that goal. Her's was a great story showing how to turn your life around, even if you think it's too late. 
 
One of the things I found most interesting about this story is how original it is. I have read several westerns, but never have I vome across one like this! I guess, after a while, books that are similar seem to mest in the story-line for me, but this was a story I'd never read before and loved it! I mean, you don't exactly read a story about a guy who got married, but doesn't remember it because he was so sick, and then his wife shows up after a couple months and he is a bit surprised since he doesn't really remember getting married in the first place. Oh, and Callie, she couldn't be any more original than it gets, I just hagve to point that out, even though anyone that has read the book knows exactly what I'm saying! :) Though I found her a bit to feministic for my liking, I did develope a love for that character and think the story wouldn't be near as good without her!
 
Due to the romance in this book, I'd probably only recommend this book to mature readers. Overall, I was very pleased with this book and would recommend it to mature ladies who like historical western fiction with lots of suspense. I give it 5 out of 5 stars.
 
Have a blessed day!

 
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of Over The Edge from Bethany House Publishers for the purpose of reading and reviewing the book. I was not paid to write this review, and all thoughts are mine and 100% honest. A big thanks goes to Bethany House and Mary Connealy for the oportunity to review this book!

0 comments: