Friday, August 17, 2012

Book Review :: Inescapable by Nancy Mehl

Today I'm back with another book review for you ladies! Today I'll be reviewing the book Inescapable, book number 1 in the Road to Kingdom series by Nancy Mehl!

Inescapable, Road to Kingdom Series #1About The Book ::

Publisher :: Bethany house Publishers
Source :: Bethany House's Book Review Program
Publication Date :: 2012
ISBN :: 0764209272
Number of Pages :: 336
My Rating :: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Age Recommendation :: For girls 13+

Lizzie Engel is used to running away. At eighteen, she left her Mennonite hometown, her family, and her faith with plans never to return. Five years later, Lizzie finds she'll have to run again. False accusations at her job, a stalker, and a string of anonymous threatening letters have left her with no other options. This time, however, her escape is back to Kingdom, her hometown. 
As Lizzie becomes reacquainted with Kingdom, she realizes she may not have left her Mennonite roots and her faith as firmly in the past as she thought. She draws on the support of Noah Housler, an old friend, as she hides out and attempts to plan her next steps. 
When it becomes painfully clear that the danger has followed Lizzie to Kingdom, suspicions and tensions run high, and she no longer knows who to trust. With her life and the lives of those she loves at risk, Lizzie will have to run one last time--to a Father whose love is inescapable. {Description from GoodReads.com}

My Review ::
I really enjoyed this book and give it 4.5 stars!

Pros ::
This book is most definitely a thriller and packed with suspense and that edge-of-your-seat feeling. This book also has lots of unexpected twists and turns throughout the story that I never saw coming, especially towards the end of the book when an event turned into a completely different end result than I'd have ever thought would happen! The ending was just wonderful, and perfect way to close the book and I'm eager for the second book in the series, which is published next year! There was so much suspense that I'd recommend this book for ladies ages 13+, since it was a bit intense, suspense-wise, at times, which I personally loved. Oh, and it's probably not a book you'd want to read right before bedtime. :)

I loved how throughout the story, the main character, Lizzy, learns to trust God fully with everything! She is placed in a position were she must trust God, because she can't do it on her own and knows it, and I think that really helped force her to the realization of how much God loved her and how He is protecting her. It was inspiring to see her faith grow in the book, and in the end, He was the One who ultimately saved her life and from harm!

Cons ::
At the beginning of this book, the word cr*d was used once, but afterwards there was no other times were I felt the should have used a different word to express themselves. There is one "mysterious" death, and for a while they don't know if it was a murder or accident, so obviously this book is for a more mature audience. There is mention of Lizzy's harsh past as a Mennonite, with a cruel abusive father and how she got pregnant out of wedlock, but there isn't much detail.

Overview ::
Overall, I really enjoyed this book, and would recommend it for mature ladies who love high action, suspense filled, novels. I loved the story-line and the ending was amazing and something I certainly won't forget soon!

Bonus Interview With The Author ::
Here is a neat interview with Nancy Mehl, about her book Inescapable, which I found on YouTube and  thought you might like to watch!


Have a lovely day, ladies! Until next time,

NOTE: I received a copy of Inescapable, free of charge, from Bethany House Publishers for the purpose of reading and reviewing this book. I was not required to give an honest review, if I didn't like it, and all thoughts are my own and 100 percent honest. I was not paid to do this review, and the fact that I got a free book for this review did not affect my thoughts of the book or my given review.

0 comments: